Laker-Moon Ltd (Trading as The English Beagle) is committed to maintaining trust and confidence with our customers. We want to assure you that your data and privacy is protected, and that you are confident that your details are not shared with a 3rd party.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Certain information is automatically collect information about the device you are using, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
- As the site is browsed additional information is collected about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
- We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Additionally information is collected when a purchase is made or attempt through the Site. The information collected includes your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, or the email associated with your paypal account), email address, and phone number.We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- The information collected is generally used to fulfil orders placed through the Site (including payment processing, shipping, and providing invoices and/or order confirmations).
- In addition, the order information is used to:
- Communication with you;
- Screen orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide information or advertising relating to products or services.
- Device Information collected aids in screening for potential risk and fraud (in particular, the IP address), and to improve and optimize the Site (for example: generating analytics about how customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of the marketing and advertising campaigns).
- Device information is gathered to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- Personal data collected may be used in processed in the following ways:
- Communication Data: includes any communication that is sent to us through the contact form on the website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. The data is processed for the purpose of communication, record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims.
- User Data: includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on the website or through other online services. The data is processed to operate the website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of the website, to maintain back- ups of website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of the website, other online services and business.
- Technical Data: includes data about your use of the website and online services such as your IP address, login data, browser, length of page visits, page views, navigation paths, number of times you visit the website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The data source is from the analytics tracking system. The data is processed to analyse the use of website and other online services, to administer and protect the business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising.
- Marketing Data: includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from The English Beagle. The data is processed to enable you to partake in promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data may be used to deliver relevant website content and advertisements (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns. The lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests to help grow the business. This data may be used to send other marketing communications to you.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal Information is shared with third parties to help use the information as described above. For example, Shopify is used to power the online store--you can read more about how Shopify use this information here: http://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy
- Google helps to understand how our site is used -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Personal Information will also be shared to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- Personal Information will never be sold or share it with another company, or purchase data from others.
- As described above, Personal Information provided is used to help create targeted advertisements or marketing communications that may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
- You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Newsletter: Unsubscribe at the bottom of the newsletter
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
How do you get my consent?
- When you provide personal information to complete a transaction, verify your payment details, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return an order, it is implied that you consent to us collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- When subscribing to the mailing list, all subscribers are sent an email to confirm their consent before any newsletters are sent.
- You can change your mind at any point and withdraw your consent for us to contact you - for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information; or to fully delete you from our records at anytime, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under data protection laws you have the right to your personal data that includes the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
- You can see more about these rights at:
- If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
- Personal data is stored for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes that it is collected for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
- The length of time the data is stored is determined by what it is used for , the nature, sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
- By law and for tax purposes we are required to keep basic information of our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
- Personal Data may anonymise for research or statistical purposes in which case this information may be used indefinitely without further notice to you.
- By interacting with The English Beagle on social media, you are consenting and allowing interaction with you.
- By tagging @theenglishbeagle on social media, you are consenting that these images may be used royalty free without limitation, however permission will be asked for before reposting.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
- Laker-Moon Ltd / TA The English Beagle will not disclose any of your information to any third parties except in a situation where it is part of providing a service to you. This includes arranging for a product to be sent to you, carrying out security checks and for the purposes of customer research or when you have given permission to do so.
- In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
- However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
- Audrey Williams, Laker-Moon Ltd, 9 Pembury Grove, Tonbridge, TN9 2BS
This policy was last modified on 24/05/18